Friday, September 20, 2024
HomeBusiness NewsT20 World Cup 2024: India beat South Africa by 7 runs, win...

T20 World Cup 2024: India beat South Africa by 7 runs, win second T20 World Cup title

India vs South Africa: India gained the second T20 World Cup on Saturday, June 29 at Barbados’ Kensington Oval, when competing within the ICC Males’s T20 World Cup 2024 last towards South Africa. India set a aim of 177 runs and gained by seven runs. 

India had gained first T20 World Cup in 2007.

Posting on social media web site X, PM Modi praised the Indian group and stated: 

CHAMPIONS! 
“Our group brings the T20 World Cup dwelling in STYLE! We’re pleased with the Indian Cricket Staff.
This match was HISTORIC.”

“Indian cricket group gained World Cup and in addition hearts of crores of Indians; no small achievement that it didn’t lose a single match,” Modi added. 

Noting that India didn’t lose a single match, the prime minister stated it isn’t a small achievement in a match the place so many nations participated.

“I’m over the moon that I may do one thing particular for India,” stated Jasprit Bumrah. “I do not often cry after a sport however the feelings are taking up,” he added.

Commenting on India’s victory, Hardik Pandya stated, “It is very emotional, one thing was not clicking, however this was one thing the entire nation needed. Particular for me after my six months, I have never spoken a phrase, issues have been unfair, however I knew there’d be a time I may shine. A chance like this makes it all of the extra particular. We all the time believed, stayed calm, let the stress come to them. Final over, I knew I needed to execute my plans. Rapidly my run-up velocity will increase. I’ve been on this state of affairs, I benefit from the stress state of affairs. The feelings had been on present because the group burst into tears following the ultimate ball and the significance of the victory was clearly seen on Pandya’s face. He has answered the haters in probably the most lovely means potential and cemented his legacy in Indian cricket.”

“Exhausting to sum up what we have been by for final 3-4 years. We labored very onerous as a group,” commented India captain Rohit Sharma on T20 World Cup win.

In the meantime, Virat Kohli additionally introduced retirement from T20 Worldwide cricket, says it is time for subsequent technology to take over.

“This was my final t20 World Cup, and that is what we needed to realize,” stated Kohli after the match. “Someday you’re feeling you may’t get a run, then issues occur. God is nice, and I obtained the job achieved for the group on the day it mattered. Now or by no means, final T20 for India, needed to profit from it. Wished to elevate the cup, needed to respect the state of affairs fairly than drive it. This was an open secret, it is time for the following technology to take over, some superb gamers will take the group ahead and maintain the flag waving excessive,” Kohli added.

T20 World Cup 2024 Staff: India vs South Africa

India: Rohit Sharma (c), Virat Kohli, Rishabh Pant (wk), Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Shivam Dube, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Jasprit Bumrah, Kuldeep Yadav, Arshdeep Singh.

South Africa: Quinton de Kock (wk), Reeza Hendricks, Aiden Markram (c), Heinrich Klaasen, David Miller, Tristan Stubbs, Marco Jansen, Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Tabraiz Shamsi.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments